Monday, May 16, 2005

The Fetal Position

As I was driving to Lexington from Bowling Green yesterday, I had two hours to think about anything. For some reason I don't know, I ended up thinking about the fetal position. Of all things to think about, this is one that I would call random. Here is what I thought.
I've always wondered why we were created in the womb and formed into the fetal position. For those of you who have more than a high school freshman level of biology, I'm sure you could enlighten me. The position in itself isn't the most comfortable position, especially with your knees crammed up in your grille. It hurts my back, and it makes me go numb if I stay in it a long time. I just find it odd, because I prefer to have room so I can stretch out a bit.
But then I was thinking, "What if you were in the fetal position with your head facing downwards?" If you think about it, with your head facing the ground, your knees would be on the ground. You would be in the most humbling position and the most defenseless position you could possibly obtain. And that is exactly what the Lord deserves from us. He deserves our worship to the point where we are so humbled to be in His presence that we give up all rights to ourselves in order to be in His presence. He deserves the honor and respect of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When our hearts are humbled and when we kneel to humble oursevles in His presence, that is what we do.
I just found it extremely interesting that God formed us in the womb in a position that, when turned on our knees, will glorify Himself. We were created in a position used for the worship of our creator. Just something to think about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

i was born standing up ;)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home