Friday, May 20, 2005

Pray For Them

In less than a week, I will be located right in the middle of a foreign country on the direct opposite side of the world where the very thing I am called to do there is mostly outlawed. I will be in a country where billions of people paint red around their door in hopes that evil spirits will "pass over" their homes when they come looking for souls to devour. I will be in a country where people put their hope in their dead, lifeless ancestors as a means to obtain satisfaction in life and in the afterlife. I will be in a spiritually lost place where they literally pray to unknown gods just like the greeks in Acts 17. All I ask is that you pray for them. Pray for open hearts and for souls seeking after that which we know is truth. Pray for them that they may see and know Jesus. Pray, that as soon as I step off that plane, for someone to see me and know I can bring to them eternal hope in Christ. Pray that I might be an effective servant, willing to be bold for the gospel, even if it may cost me. Pray that God might be magnified in me by my willingness to be obedient to Him and that He may be magnified in them as they choose to worship Him. Please pray that I might be like Paul in Acts 17 so that that they may hear and know truth in their lost, lost world. Pray earnestly for their salvation. Until I return to testify of the work of the Lord Jesus, pray.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

The power of the gospel gives true hope to the lost and full living in the comfort and grace of the King by whom and for whom all things were created. May the glory of the Father shine through you in word and deed, so that many will come to repentance. My prayers are with you, brother.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home