Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Luckiest

Monday the first of May was perhaps one of the greatest days of my life. One event happened that made me the luckiest person that day: I got to pray with and for Brother Jack Neal for one solid hour.
Most people probably have no clue who this wise old man is, but he is one of my heroes. I stand amazed to see his joy in the Lord each time I'm around him. I am blessed by his faithfulness to fight the good fight and run the race each day, even in old age. Most importantly, I know that I am ushered into the presence of God by Jesus Christ when this man prays. His prayers are so heart-felt, so passionate, so honest, and so powerful before the throne that I know God hears this man when he speaks. This man, though we barely know each other, encourages me tremendously each time I see him and each time he prays. I wish to have a prayer life and a relationship with God that this man has.
Because of his character and because of how the Lord blesses this wonderful man, I consider it a blessing, privilege, and honor to be able to beseech, entreat, intercede, and pray with him. For one hour, I knew that I was immersed in the full and glorious presence of our Lord. For that, I am the luckiest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know this man much more than you realize. You know him on a spiritual level, that unfortunately, so many never experience. I know him for he is my grandfather and I am very appreciative of the eloquent words you've used to describe him. I know this will be of great encouragment to him and my family. Thank you.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home