Friday, May 19, 2006

Biblical Discipleship

I'll be honest when I say that I absolutely love it when people are held captive to the Scriptures and to God. I mean, what is more exciting than knowing the LORD and seeing Him work in yourself and in others? And this week, I've seen this twice with some of my dearest friends.
A few months ago, Hulk Hagan and I decided that we would meet together for discipleship, accountability, and prayer. About a month ago, he told me that he wanted to disciple another buddy of his and do a Bible study with him great commission (Biblical) style. Now his buddy got so excited that he invited a ton of his friends, lost and saved, to the Bible study to hear of Jesus, just like they did in the Bible. As a result, there were about 15 people at the Bible study, both lost and saved. My friends, that excites me cause that is biblical. We have to be reaching out to the lost and helping the saved. That what Christ did, and that, in a smaller but similiar fashion, is what Hagan is doing with this Bible study. Seeing Hagan become more like Christ in His thoughts, words, and actions makes me praise the Lord.
Secondly, I found out that two of our college ladies, Morgan and Tracy, decided they were going to have middle school girls over and do a sleepover Bible study. Again, the Lord is working in them and convicting them to invest their time in other people, highly impressionable middle school girls, that they could teach them about being a biblical woman in Christ. Instead of watching tv or being with their usual friends, they have decided to spend their time this weekend helping others grow to Christ, and that is sacrificial love that comes from the Lord. It excites me.
Man, the LORD is good, and he is so faithful. I'm so thankful for what He has done, and I'm so excited for what He's going to do through those that are held captive to Him and His word. Praise be to God alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger SMITTY said...

incredible

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home