Monday, June 26, 2006

Slavery

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord spoke to me through Pastor Henard on Sunday June 25, 2006. The text was 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. This is the passage where Paul says, "I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some."
It was verse 19 that kicked me square in the teeth. It says, "For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them." Paul says, "I HAVE MADE MYSELF A SERVANT FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOSPEL." Even though I already knew this about Paul, the Lord showed me that this is where I need to be. Christianity is about knowing Christ, and it's about showing others Christ that they might be won from death into life. Paul says the cost is slavery. We've been freed from sin into slavery for people. Not only slavery, Paul is talking about a voluntary slavery for people because of the goodness of Christ. He CHOOSES AND WANTS to be a slave. Why? Because he knows Christ, period and amen.
This is where I, and every person that knows Christ, should be seeking to be. I have been freed from death into life. I have the greatest thing ever in Jesus Christ. Why am I too selfish to give it to others? Why can't I make it a point to seek others that they too may know Christ? I look at myself and see nothing but one who satisfies himself, yet Paul is talking about slavery from self to slavery for others. It's a challenge. It requires sacrifice. It requires cost. But, as believers, it should be a joy because we have Christ.
God, give your people willing hearts to be literal slaves to other people that some....that some may be saved for your glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home